czwartek, 3 maja 2018

Tea of the Morning Calm 2

I still have some green Korean tea from last year. It does not taste very good now, time has not been very gentle with it. It is green tea from Gurye region, at Jiri mountain in the very south of the Korean Peninsula. I did have some other tea from that area, the package was identical. So it looks like all tea is put in the same packages, and then they put different label stickers on them.



Still, I wanted to give it a chance. It would be a pity to just throw it away. After all, it is a good tea from Korea (or it was good last year).



Recenlty, every time I steep this tea, it comes out without much taste, sometimes even a bit bitter. But making tea early in the morning is different. The mind is fresh, not polluted with the thoughts of everyday chores and issues. And if you get up early enough, you can be sure no one will bother you when you make tea.



I used my Korean travel set. It comes with a steeping vessel with a lid and a cup, which later can be put atop of the steeping vessel thus making a very convenient package. It is a one-person tea set.



To make the tea I used 70 degrees C water (80 degrees culd have been too much, after all it is Korean tea and the leaves are rather small). I steepied it three times: 1 minute - very short - 1 minute.



The tea was good! It was fresh, with the typical grass-like taste, there was even some sweetness. It was definitely the tea's was to say "thank you" for paying most attention to it.



The travel tea set has it's own pouch


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz