sobota, 12 maja 2018

Yunnan Mao Feng Green Tea

This is another tea which I once found at a Vietnamese grocery shop. The brand is Kandy's, just like white tea which I described some time ago.



The dry leaves look surprisingly big for green tea. Their scent is also more mature. 



After transferring the dry leaves to a pre-heated vessel, I could smell something which reminded me of tea from Burma, like a wet forest, moist wood, but in a rather unpleasant apect. 

When steeping this tea, I followed my typical green tea procedure: one minute-short-one minute-long. I used water of 80 degrees. The producer suggests 85 degrees, but I have noticed that this little difference in temperature does not affect the taste of the tea at all.



The tea smells more like white tea. The scent is not very dominant, though. However, there is nothing I usually look for in green tea: no grass, vegetable, fresh taste. The colour of the tea is also more yellowish than greenish. Once again I look at the quite big leaves and wonder if their size is a result of using the big-leaf variety of tea tree, or maybe the leaves are simply older.



This tea does not taste bad. The resemblance of white tea is interesting. It just does not have anything I want in green tea.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz